Announcements – November 1, 2020
- Community Quilters – Nov 5th, 10am-2pm at Lee Palmer’s Bldg, 260 Willow St., Waldport
- General Membership Meeting – Nov 12th on Zoom, 1pm
- Executive Board Meeting – Nov 19th, 10am on Zoom
- Veterans Quilt Project – Dec 4th, Siletz Grange 10am-4pm
- Documentation and Finishing School 2021 – tbd
November Guild Program
Come to an Open House at our new Community Quilters Workroom
November 5th, Thursday, 10am to 2pm
Lee Palmer’s Tax office at 260 Willow St, Waldport
Directions from 101, turn east on Hwy 34, Right on Cedar after Washington Federal Bank, left at stop sign (Willow).Blue, 2 story building is on left.Work room entrance is in back, park in front.
Please wear a mask. Only 2 to 3 people at a time inside.
What can you do at the Open House:
- Pickup or drop off a veteran block
- Drop off your dues check
- Pickup a quilt or bag kit, or a quilt bundle, or a quilt that needs binding
- Order or pickup the Guild merchandise you ordered last month, (Announcement Below)
- Drop off a completed item for community quilts
- Meet your friends and have lunch or chat (bring your own chair)
- Pickup fabric for a community quilt top you want to make.
Thanks to our members who have done binding on a community quilt.It’s the finishing step that needs to be done. Some of these members provide matching fabric out of their own stashes.
- Jan McQueen
- Teecia Cornelius
- Two Hoch
- Phoebe Hein
- Janet Sylvester
- Tony Brodie
- Joy Johnson
- Linda Reeve
- Evelyn DePaolo
- Tina McCann
- Jane Szabo
- Terrie Taraba
- And those who do ALL the steps and make us a community quilt.
Here are two pictures of quilt tops made from pre-cut kits by Jan McQueen.
INSERT 2 KIT QUILT PICS HERE
We have some mystery quilts that we do not know who pieced the tops.
Please claim credit for your hard work.
This coming Thursday — November 5th — is a great opportunity to pick up your newest OCQG clothing. Denim shirts, sweatshirt, hoodie, T-shirt in long or short sleeves. The Merchandise Mamas will be sharing the patio at the Community Quilters new digs at Lee Palmer’s building (260 W Willow St, behind the Post Office) in Waldport. There are samples to try on for size and supplies on hand so you can take your new duds with you. Special pricing for OCQG members. You can check details on the OCQG website top bar Resources > Merchandise. Hope to see you there with your mask on! Becky, Rose, Judy & Elda-Lee
Help for Fire Victims
Jennifer Reinhart is offering her quilting services to any member who has made a quilt top for Lincoln County Oregon fire victims. Backing and batting is not included and offer only applies to Allover quilting. Please contact Jennifer for specifics. Scheduled openings begin December 1st.
Please remember to renew your membership. Contact Maria Hunter with any questions. As noted above, you can pay your membership fees at Lee Palmer’s next Thursday.