Quilt Show by the Numbers!
Viewers’ Choice Winners:
- Third place: Dinner Plate Dahlia, by Susan Dorsey
- Second place: The Great Northwest, by Marge Hoyt
- First place: Hibiscus Aloha, by Cindy McEntee
Thanks to all the quilt show committee members and helpers, we had another successful quilt show! For those of you who like statistics (or not), here are the tallies:
- Attendance: 1222
- Number of quilts entered in the show: 249 (177 or 178 of which were judged by Elizabeth Spannring)
- Number of members who entered quilts in the show: 87
- Patriotic medallion challenge: 46
- Bayshore challenge items: 20
- Silent auction quilts: 40
- Guild activities, community quilters, documentation, and veterans project booths: 9
- Knotty Ladies mug rug display: 26
- Grand total quilts displayed: 318, plus 46 medallions and 26 mug rugs!
- Number of raffle tickets sold, including those sold at the show): approx. 6170 ($5264)
- Silent auction proceeds: more than $1000 (half will be donated to Lincoln County Food Share!)
- Number of donation pillows made in the Children’s Corner: 30
- Number of nine-patch blocks made in the guild activities booth: 145 (55 patriotic colors, 90 other). That amounts to 1,305 3-1/2” squares, or 7-1/2 yards!
- States outside of Oregon represented by visitors at the show: 9 (tallied)
- Foreign country visitors: none tallied this year
- Visitors from Oregon but outside Lincoln County – 300 (tallied)
Many visitors stated they came every year or that they heard about the show from friends and relatives. Publicity avenues such as our excellent signage and newspaper and internet media also brought people to the show, as did information at shops and other guilds.
Quilt Show Committee Members, Please Note!
It was a great show but it’s not over yet: committee members, please update and return your instructions packets at the show wrap-up meeting on Thursday, August 8, 1:15, at the History Center Carriage House. If you have items you’d like to discuss or to stress for next year, please email them to Jackie Stankey (email@example.com) for the agenda or bring them to the meeting. Try to keep your comments, both positive and those for improvements, as brief as possible. But please be there and be ready to turn in your packets. Many thanks, Darcy, Jackie, and Jean
Viewer’s Choice Winner at the Library
The Viewer’s choice quilt which which was displayed at the library was won by the Splinters (the turtle quilt). We decided on the Children’s Advocacy Center for our $50 donation.
A black cardigan sweater and a purple velour jacket were left in the break room after the quilt show. If either of these items be,one to you, please call Jean Amundson at 541-265-5544 or email her, firstname.lastname@example.org, to make arrangements for getting it back.