Silent Auction May 11th Guild Meeting Instructions
What is a Silent Auction?
The May Guild meeting is having a silent auction for the program. It’s been so long since we had one, maybe everyone needs a refresher.
1. Clean out your sewing closets and see what you don’t need, fabric, patterns, books, sewing machines, notions, half finished projects, finished projects, etc. This is good start for the Quilt Show Boutique also. Your trash is someone’s treasure!
2. Print out a form for each item. Oregoncoastalquilters.org, Records/Forms tab, Fillable Forms tab, Auction Bid Sheet Form (2 per page). Or get one from Viki West at meeting. Each item must have a form attached, tape works best, no straight pins.
3. Fill out the form, describe item, your name, buy it now price or minimum bid you would take for item. Buy it now should be higher than starting bid.
For example, needle threader, Jane Szabo owner, Buy it now, $10, Minimum bid, $5.4. Bring everything to Guild meeting and setup your things during table walk, 5:30, May 11. Viki will show you where to place items.
5. The bidding will start when Viki West says so! NO BUYING EARLY DURING TABLE WALK, just looking and figuring out what to buy during table walk. Everyone needs a chance to see everything.
6. You may give short advertisement of your things before bidding begins, sign up with Viki during table walk. For example, my sewing table is only 2 years old and works great with a feather weight and is a good deal at $25, I paid $50.
7. Bidding ends when Viki says so, 5 minute warning will be given.
8. Pay for your item directly with the owner and pick up your item and/or take your money from purchaser and have some change with you, Guild will not have any change available. You are responsible for all money exchanges and Guild will take no percentage of money. What a deal.
9. Take home your leftover items to sell at Boutique or donate to grab bags for Quilt Show, see Meralee.
Easy, right? Let’s start cleaning out your sewing closets! Thanks Viki!
Jane Szabo, still looking for Program Volunteers.